Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Blabber > Zombie Movies

Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via Yahoo to DjfunkmasterG
Default Deadlands: The Rising (One Night Only Theatrical Release)

Hey Everyone,

I am the writer/director/editor and one of the actors of the Maryland based indie Zombie film Deadlands: The Rising. Filmed between 2005 and 2006 Deadlands is set to make it's theatrical debut in Hagerstown, MD on April 14th 2007. This one night only event is being held at the Hagerstown 10 Cineplex (www.hagerstown10.com) and in addition to the theatrical showing that night the stage will be set for the DVD release party as well.

Activities include:

Zombie Costume Contest - $100 cash prize to the person with the best zombie costume
Screening of 3 short films
a Q&A with the filmmakers (Cast & Crew)
a chance to grab the DVD early (The actual DVD goes on sale April 17th 2007)

Ticket prices are $7.00 per person and I am donating my take of the box office to charity. I chose the Creative Alliance of Baltimore, MD to receive the monetary contribution.

The event begins at 9:00pm EST April 14th 2007, and will run until 12:00 midnight . The Hagerstown 10 does have a full service Snack Bar and does serve Beer (You of course must be 21 or older). Because Deadlands was unable to secure an R rating from the MPAA, anyone under 18 must come with a parent or legal guardian.

We hope to see you there, and look forward to fun night of zombies and doing something to keep arts/music/indie film and charity alive in Maryland. To view the trailer for Deadlands visit the official website at www.playingwithdeadthings.com.