Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walk Advice > Zombie Walk Advice

Old 11-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Site AdminModerator

Default I need some advice

Hey I go to school in Mitchell College in New London CT and I really want to start a Zombie walk but i just need some advice on how to start it. First how do you get people involved in it? Like I know 5 kids who would do it but how do you get 50 people to do it? secondly is it really necessary to ask for a permit?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Site AdminModerator

15 views but no responses? what gives?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via Yahoo to DJTheCrazy

Since you're asking for help, I agree with you in this matter.

Anyway, tell a newspaper about it. They love that kind of stuff, and it'll ensure that people know about it.

Secondly, I would strongly recommend, if not getting a permit, at least telling the police about it, that way no one gets shot or something like that.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Site AdminModerator

Default Zombies Unite

Hey, man!
The best way to get people interested, especially on a college campus is to post flyers with your contact info (I'm guessing you will be the organizer), ask to RSVP, but ultimately set a place and time to meet and just do it! If people show up, they show up, if they don't, well at least you and your friends will have a great time, and just that exposure will generate more buzz for next time you decide to do this.

Some guys at Florida State started their Zombie Walk the exact same way. It started with only 2 of them (after 3 others chickened out) and soon they had close to about 50 people interested and wanting to participate. Their advise was the more frequently you do it, the more people will want to get involved.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via MSN to Mnnng

The trickiest part is getting the word out. As zombie walks are somewhat of an "underground activity"

As has been said your best bets for spreading the word are flyers, and the net. If you go to school or college, get one of your art friends, or a techie to design a simple yet catchy flyer. Print them en masse, and post them all over (where your're allowed to). Make sure they have contact info. IE an e-mail, or website or somthing. Websites such as facebook, and myspace are also good for networking and organising, and what not.

Even if there's still going to be a small number of you ie < 50, it would still be a good idea to at least let the police know where and when you and your zombies are going to be. That way when some guy on a bad acid trip sees you and calls 911 and tells them he was attacked by zombies, they'll at least kind of have an idea of what's going on. They shouldn't mind as long as you behave, or at least as well as zombies can behave. My personal experiences have shown me that cops don't mind, and some of them actually have fun. Obviously you're going to terrorize the city, but just try not to get buildings and stuff too bloody, and don't start chasing after people, or harassing people who want to be left alone. And remember, even the undead have to obey traffic lights, and purchase metro fare.

Other than that, make sure you let the press know. Newspapers love this kind of stuff, and what better way to get your message out, and inspire intrest in future walks, than to get the entire city watching it on the news, and reading about it the next morning.