Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walk Advice > Zombie Walk Advice

Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via AIM to Unicron0827 Send a message via Yahoo to Unicron0827
Default Logistical Questions....

A Friend of mine is wanting to set up a norfolk zombie walk, so i figured id attempt some research to kill some time and help out, so i suppose most of these questions would be tossed at the richmodn folks since we're in the same state.
any permite to get?
when are you guys gonna do yours, so that they dont overlap?
how do you plan your route?
any scheduling tips as far as time of day?any police problems?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via AIM to Captain Awesome Send a message via MSN to Captain Awesome

One good idea is to talk to local police.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via MSN to Mnnng

checking with the local law enforment is never a bad idea, though I've never heard of police problems at a walk anywhere before...

time of day is negligable I think. Most of the ones I help do we start early / mid afternoon, and end around twilight, just before it gets dark. A lot of times we talk to night clubs or theatres or w/e to organise after parties as well.

Route planning is pretty much up to you. Personally I like the downtown industrial atmosphere, with bits of suburbia dashed in as well. One of the reasons I like doing them on weekends, is most downtown areas tend to be more deserted on these days. Having people around to scare is fun, and awesome, don't get me wrong. But, having the zombies out number them, in such an iconic piece of civilization's might as a downtown area for example really adds to the apocalyptic feel I think.

Hope that helps
Old 12-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Site AdminModerator

Default Zombie walk rules

A member named Zomby from Alaska posted these rules:

Zombie Rules of Conduct

1. Use the "haunted house" rule in that you are not to touch anyone.

2. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is SPAMSPAMSPAM out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations!

3. Stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it's OK to "break character" and cross quickly. Think fast "New Dawn of the Dead" zombies verses the slower "Old Dawn of the Dead" zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.

4. No SPAMSPAMSPAM. None. Forget it.

5. No alcohol outside the bars. This will get you a nice fine.

6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. Pretend the East Side is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This is something we would like to do many times a year and we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching us (along with the Fairbanks Police) and this event could get news coverage. Let's put on a good show.

7. Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.

Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at the bars and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.

They make sense. Keep them in mind and your walk should go smoothly.

Rick

"Never be ashamed that you are deceased. You can still have friends!" - Brad Naylor, Founder - Zombie Halfway House