Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walks (in the United States South Region) > The Washington, D.C. Zombie Walks

Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Renaessance Send a message via AIM to Renaessance Send a message via MSN to Renaessance Send a message via Yahoo to Renaessance
Default Lots of Questions, Few Answers

Hey everybody!
This year I'm having one hell of a time solidifying anything for this year's Lurch. I've been trying to get some bellydancers and fire spinners to end the lurch with, but finding a venue to hold the end space at is killin' me, and so I can't pin down anything else, either. (Like start location, etc.) No one's getting back to me about a daggoned thing, and the hour fast approaches.

I've been talking with the Piratz Tavern in Silver Spring and they sound great (they're family friendly, metro accessible, and FREE), but they're also hard to get to, apparently reeeally small, and have no actual performance space to speak of. So.. I put this question to other city-walk coordinators:
How do you go about finding your route, arranging start locations and ending spaces- (especially if you're looking for something free/*****, and family friendly), and booking acts/getting performers to commit?? I've had to turn away folk sw/kids in the past and I -hate- doing it (the looks on the kids' faces were SO crestfallen when they were told they couldn't get into the 18+ nightclub last year). I've had people offer stuff an never contact me again, tried to book clubs and gotten all kinds of negatory answers, and at this point, I jsut don't know what to do....

We're trying to raise $$ for the ASPCA this year through a minimal donation and so could divvy up the cost for performers and spaces through that, but I can't afford to pay anything out of pocket, so.. anyone got any ideas??

Crazed in the Nation's Capital,
Nae, The DC LurchMistress
"Glad to be Grey"
--From "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett
Old 09-28-2008, 06:41 AM
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Renaessance Send a message via AIM to Renaessance Send a message via MSN to Renaessance Send a message via Yahoo to Renaessance
Default Got it.

Well, we're officially ending at the Piratz Tavern in Silver Spring, MD!! And according to a good source, the Lafayette Square right in front of the White House will be a perfect place to start the Lurch, so we're tentatively beginnin' in there. I'm going to talk to the officials in the area to make sure it's kosher, but beyond that, we're good! ^_^
"Glad to be Grey"
--From "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett