Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walks (in the United States South Region) > The Washington, D.C. Zombie Walks

Old 10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Renaessance Send a message via AIM to Renaessance Send a message via MSN to Renaessance Send a message via Yahoo to Renaessance
Default Zombies in DC

I've had the idea to gather friends and scare the neighborhood while marching in a zombie horde for a while now.. but I never dreamed a; other people were doing it/had done it already! (I figgered we zombie fans were too few and far between.) What a delight it is to be proved wrong in this case!

Now a friend of mine told me about you guys, and I'm -very- interested in starting a Zombie Lurch/Walk in Washington D.C.. I've already got some peoples' interest, but I'd love some pointers on how to get this thing together right.

Many Thanks,
Ren
"Glad to be Grey"
--From "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett
Old 10-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Administrator
ModeratorSite Admin

Default Re: Zombies in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaessance
Now a friend of mine told me about you guys, and I'm -very- interested in starting a Zombie Lurch/Walk in Washington D.C.. I've already got some peoples' interest, but I'd love some pointers on how to get this thing together right.
The more Zombie Walks the better, Ren! You've definitely come to the right place to get things started. You can hold all of your zombie walk discussions here. For starters, I would suggest promoting your zombie walk on any message boards, livejournal & myspace communities, etc. that are related to the area you live in. That's a great way to get word out about the zombie walks as are college campuses, costume shops, comic shops, music stores, etc. Just know that you'll have a lot of stuff to keep track of and you need to stick with it. Keep a list of everybody who wants to participate, hold on to their contact info, etc. Then when the time draws near, call every one of 'em to confirm whether or not they're coming and how many people they're bringing with 'em.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via AIM to spacechild Send a message via Yahoo to spacechild
Default i'm in

i'm in, people. but its getting colder out there, so if we wanna do this right we should get it going.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Zombies feel no cold. Zombies feel nothing!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:50 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Renaessance Send a message via AIM to Renaessance Send a message via MSN to Renaessance Send a message via Yahoo to Renaessance
Default Sunda the 31st

Well, we've got a tentative date for Sunday October 31st. Most folks seem to want to start between six to ten pm., although we've got a few who've voted for midnight or later. :P (Which'd be kinda hard on people who work- and would therefore lessen our numbers... bad!) So do you guys have any prefs for where and what time?

Cheers,
Ren

Oh, and if you're interested in contacting me about this, I'm on LJ under the username "callingcry." There's even a poll up that refers to this event.
Here's to a great Lurch!
"Glad to be Grey"
Old 10-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Rarr!

Default Hope I can help.

I know alot of people who would be into doing a zombie walk. I see you are on livejournal. You should see if people are interested in communities like --> http://www.livejournal.com/community/washingtondc/
http://www.livejournal.com/community/nva/
http://www.livejournal.com/community/northern_va/
http://www.livejournal.com/community/dc_metro/
http://www.livejournal.com/community/dc_colleges/
Old 10-21-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Date of walk

You mention above Sunday Oct 31, but Sun is the 30th, Monday is the 31st...which do you mean????
Old 10-23-2005, 01:20 AM
ModeratorSite Admin

The thirtieth. However, I haven't received replies back from the "big guys" who'd be in charge of giving me a permit to do this if I need one- or hell, even getting back to me on whether or -not- I need a permit. Getting kind of frustrated and wonder if this couldn't be better put together next year...
"Glad to be Grey"
Old 10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
geust

well, if not this year, then defnitely next. Either way, thanks for organizing.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Sure!

I'd love to know peoples' prefs. If anyone has any requests, suggestions, ideas, etc., bring 'em on! I'd be pleased to hear what people have to contribute.
"Glad to be Grey"