Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walks (in the United States South Region) > The South Carolina Zombie Walks

Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Default Greenville Zombie Walk 2010!

So as not to cause confusion with my previous jump-the-gun thread, which I can't figure out how to change the date of, let's move all Greenville Zombie Walk 2010 discussions here. Go!

Been lurking here for quite a while, but just now posting. I've been planning on doing a ZW here in Greenville since last year, but didn't want to announce it too soon since I'm doing it in October - people can be forgetful

I've not seen any other evidence of a ZW here, so, without further adieu, I'd like to announce the 1st Annual Greenville Zombie Walk!

My plan is to takeover Main Street downtown on the Friday or Saturday of Halloween weekend (or the weekend before if that proves to be better), and tie it in with a canned food drive. You must bring 5 cans to participate.

I have several friends in the radio industry here that are interested, as well as at the various publications I write for. In other words, the word will definitely be getting out! I am just waiting for the right time, and I plan to have a mock-up for them to use by the end of the month. I think 4 months' time is adequate to get a buzz going, but not leave people thinking it's "So far off."

So who's with me!?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

FYI:

My mock-up flyer shows the date as Friday, October 29. I thought that would still give people the "real" day to wear their non-zombie costumes for Halloween partying, if they so choose.

The plan is to meet at Piazza Bergamo at 9pm, with a set list of pubs to "attack." Canned food will be collected in the Piazza, with a tentative plan to donate to Miracle Hill. So far these are the pubs I have planned:

-Rey's
-G-Spot
-City Tavern
-Sharkey's
-Meat Heads
-Wild Wings
-Brown Street Pub
-Addy's

I have friends who work at 3 of them, and I'm sure they would love to participate. Any other thoughts/suggestions appreciated!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Hey whats going on Me and some friends started thinking a week ago about doing a zombie walk in downtown greenvile ...we set up a date for September 3rd. we just got intouch with a promoter and a lady from the greenville news...I would appreciate any help I could get on this. We were also thinking about taking donations for a charity once we find one to support it
Old 10-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Is this Zombie Walk still on? I haven't heard anything else about it. Some friends & I were planning a similar event (only an all-ages walk), maybe we can join forces.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Cool, Augusta Ga just had one!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via AIM to jilliterate

Hey,
I live near Greenville, SC. My friends and I own a website that sells zombie insurance & tshirts. We've been wanting to do something in Greenville--instead of always going to Asheville & Atlanta. Check out our site and let me know if there is any way we can help. We'll come pass out stickers and bring our street team (we're thinking of having our paramilitary forces with zombies on leashes...since we're "The Answer to Infection." Just...browse and tell me what you think. Also, the site needs a tad bit of work--working on it today.)

http://www.8di.org
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Is this still being planned? I would love to help! I'm pretty handy in Photoshop (flyers, etc) and would advertise the hell out of it at work. I'd love to help in any other way too!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via AIM to jilliterate
Default Walk tomorrow?!

So, Eighth Day International is going to show up to the places mentioned earlier for the walk/pub crawl. We're even going on the local radio tomorrow to promote it--I just realized today that I've heard NOTHING about it since and can't find anything online about it. Will someone call me and give me some extra details please? 864-230-8256 Jillian

Tags
2010, greenville