Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walk Advice > Zombie Walk Advice

Old 08-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via AIM to doomkitty
Default How far to walk?

Last year was our first zombie walk in Blacksburg, and we did one lap around the basic down town area. Should we just do that and then be on our ways, or after that break up and be zombies alone, or get together afterwards to have a zombie party with jello brains and stuff?

When do we want it?!: BRAINNNSSS
Old 08-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via MSN to Mnnng

I think it's all up to you really. Personally I like the longer the better deal. Last year at one of the walks I helped organise, we broke it up.

IE all the "super" zombies met at around 10 am and milled around and looked scary, then started our walk about an hour or so later, then we met up with the "lazy" zombies around 2ish in the afternoon, and finished at around 6.

Then, thanks to some prior negotiating, at around 8 we all went to a night club for an after party, with prizes and drink specials for all the zombies.

Worked really well I think, zombies came and went as they pleased, and stayed as long or as short as they wanted. So if they wanted to just scare ppl for an hour or to, they could, or if they, like me, wanted to make a whole day thing out of it, they could do that as well
Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Site AdminModerator

Default Length is comfort but is that the focus???

The user Maenning makes very good sense in his answer. He also looks to be very involved in this website. Bravo.

The length would be dictated by your comfort zone but remember this: the idea is how many people are you scaring or are you walking alone and simply amusing yourself? Personally I'd enjoy walking downtown during the workday and scaring the %$#@ out of ignorant people on their luch break. I'd follow the rules and not touch anyone but once you turn to face someone and they view your decrepit condition and that your eyes are fully black or yellow pupiled they will soil themselves. And that, my friend, is the purpose of a Walk, isn't it?

Peace
Rick

http://www.libertyarts.net/undead/ZHH.html

"Never be ashamed that you are deceased. You can still have friends!" - Brad Naylor, Founder - Zombie Halfway House